Global leaders in release innovation.
Release agents are an integral part of many manufacturing processes. Specialty release agents can help you enhance productivity, extend tool/die/mold life, increase cycle times, improve part/surface quality, and reduce scrap and defect rates, along with many other potential benefits.
We work closely with you and your team to find the precise release agents to improve your processes.
Conventional Release Agents
We offer a broad portfolio of conventional (apply-every-cycle) mold release agents to meet the needs of our customers. Our conventional (sacrificial) mold release agents are:
- Available water-based or solvent-based
- Formulated as ready-to-use or dilutable, depending on the application
- Suitable for multiple types of spray equipment
- Capable of “tailored” dilution rates, depending upon the application and amount of slip required
- Excellent for molded parts with very complex geometry
- Exceptionally low in in-mold buildup/mold fouling
Semi-Permanent Release Agents
You can leverage a number of potential advantages with today’s highly sophisticated water-based or solvent-based semi-permanent mold release agent technologies. Semi-permanent mold release technology has provided industries with a viable alternative to the traditional “shop-spray” or high-volume, apply-every-cycle release agent. Our customers have experienced:
- More mold releases between applications than conventional release solutions
- More molding cycles attained per working shift
- Small amount of product needed per application, contributing to a cleaner working environment with fewer storage needs
- Reduction in overall scrap
- Molds can remain in production for extended periods of time due to the protection properties provided
- Supports production of complex part/mold structures due to ease in application exactness
- Molded parts retain consistently good cosmetic appearance
Silicone-Free Release Agents
Always on the cusp on innovation and sustainability, Chem-Trend has developed a robust range of release agents that do not utilize silicone. Silicone-free release agents provide a number of benefits:
- Reduce oily residue, allowing for easier painting and coating post-release
- Reduce contamination risk and remove costly steps from the manufacturing processes
- Provide for the removal of costly and time-consuming steps in the manufacturing process of many components, thus increasing productivity and lowering your operational cost
Why should you choose Chem-Trend release agents?
Creating value for you, our customer, is our focus. Formulated to optimize your daily operations, our industry-leading line of release agents includes water-based and solvent-based products as well as silicone and silicone-free products in semi-permanent or apply-every-cycle products. Our solutions can help you overcome costly manufacturing challenges — and leveraging the power that release agents offer to improve operational efficiencies and product quality.
Chem-Trend offers a wide variety of release agent options suited to address your specific needs and maximize your results. Every molding process is unique in some way, and optimal release requires unique solutions. Our team of localized experts takes a hands-on approach, working with you to identify all areas of potential improvement. Our research and development team then designs individualized solutions for your operation.
Many of our customers are working diligently to make their operations more sustainable. They choose Chem-Trend because we’ve been focused on minimizing the environmental impact of our products since we began. We developed the first commercially viable water-based die lubricant in the 1960s, which had an immensely positive impact on the health and safety aspects of die cast facilities by removing the use of graphite and/or solvents in the die lubricants that were widely used at that time. Continual efforts extend to a variety of other environmental impact concerns, including the use of VOCs in solvent-based mold release agents. Today Chem-Trend leads the industry in the development of innovative solutions.
FAQs: Release Agents
Looking for answers about release agents for thermoplastics processing applications? Learn more about frequently asked questions and the answers you need.