Silicone and Solvent-Free Release Agent
What it is.
Zyvax® 1070W is a water-based, silicone-free mold release agent formulated for easy and quick application through a wipe-on or spray-on method and let-dry process. The benefits of this product are significant for aerospace applications, in which there is no room for error, and innovation is requisite.
What it solves.
The ongoing quest for lightweighting in aerospace necessitates rapid and relentless innovation. Created by our Research and Development teams, Zyvax® 1070W opens the door to a myriad of possibilities. It eliminates release curing time, which significantly reduces tool prep time. In addition, it provides easy tool cleanup, reducing the need for abrasive or aggressive cleaning agents. Zyvax® 1070W also has a slight tack, making it ideal for layup procedures. This has extended implications for improving the overall working environment.
The breakthrough water-based formulation:
- Reduces tool prep time from hours to minutes. No wipe-/buff-off, heat cure, or cure time required. Just spray or wipe and let dry.
- Extends the mold cycle count by minimizing buildup and fouling. Complete tool cleanup in a fraction of the time and effort, with minimal abrasion required. Simply wipe clean.
- Makes layup easy with a tacky film that holds prepregs and surface plies in place without heat guns, ovens, or tackifiers.
- Silicone-free formulation decimates part cleaning efforts prior to inspection, painting, and secondary bonding operations.
- Water-based release agent technology radically improves air quality and work environment with its nonhazardous, nonflammable formulation that’s 95 percent lower in VOCs than solvent-based release agents.
It’s just one more innovation released from Chem-Trend. If you are interested in Zyvax® 1070W or any one of our innovative solutions, contact us today.Zyvax® 1070W: An Agent of Change ZYVAX ® 1070W Release Agent Application Techniques